Does Your Business Have an Internet Presence?
In this fast-paced digital world, it has become more important than ever for a business to have an Internet presence via a website, social networking, support forums or combination. Once you’ve set up that presence, the next step is to get found on the Internet. But how do you get found when there are millions of other businesses competing in that same space?
Search engines help users to filter and find content by looking at the relevancy of each website, social media page, post, etc. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) once a technical term, has found its way into our everyday business language. Using ever-evolving complex mathematical algorithms, search engines determine what content is relevant to serve up in each search result. Effective use of SEO can help a business to drive traffic that may result in conversions (e-mail signups, qualified leads or sales transactions.)
For example, customers may do online research before making a decision to buy a product and where to buy it. Are you making research content available online to enable potential customers to make buying decision? How will these customers find you and this content? Many will go to their web browser and enter something like “what is the best frost free refrigerator to buy?” Each search engine will serve up content determined to be most relevant to that user’s search.
Keywords are one of the many factors used to rank search results. A florist might choose keywords like: flowers online, send flowers, online flowers, etc. In addition to keywords, search engines also look at your relevant activity on the topic and connections with other relevant sites. There are many elements and techniques involved in optimizing search results for your business. Here are five tips that can help increase the likelihood of someone finding your page:
1. Use SEO-Friendly Keywords. Use SEO-friendly keywords on your website, in posts and other pages. Develop a list of keywords your target audience would use when searching for your business or content. Refresh the list and content on a regular basis.
2. Use Links. Use links to other businesses or communities and encourage others to link to your site. Linking helps search engines to determine how relevant your content or site is to related topics.
3. Leverage Social Media. Setup a presence in online communities, share ideas and be sure your profile is filled out completely. Your profile is often the public’s first point of contact with you. Use keywords in your profiles to help with search engine results.
4. Provide Quality Content. Post content that is relevant to your audience and creates a positive experience for your visitors.
5. Monitor and Adjust. Use analytics to track and monitor progress. Use those findings to make adjustments to your social marketing strategies.
Whether you’ve already established a presence on the Internet or are just getting ready to begin your efforts, keep these SEO tips in mind so you can set up your business for success.
To learn more about this topic and related topics visit our training website at www.coursewarecafe.com